Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Fever

If you live in Milwaukee you know about how unpredictable our weather is. Getting snowfall as late as May is not that unusual. Sometimes it feels like spring will never get here.

When I was a kid and cabin fever was really starting to set in, my mom would take my brothers and I to the Mitchell Park Domes. There we could run around without our coats on for at least a couple of hours. It's a good way to deal with Spring fever when it feels like it's never going to warm up.

We took a visit there with our friends Gigi and Jane when they were in town. Here's some of the pictures I took just with my little digital point and shoot. Enjoy!

First is the TROPICAL DOME which is by far my favorite one.









Next we went into the ARID DOME.







And last we went into the SHOW DOME which is my least favorite. It's display changes with the seasons. Here it's set up for Easter.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos of a lovely visit.
Thanks for helping us remember, Erin.
Jane (and Gigi)